An innovative professional visualisation tool by Merino.
Choose from 1000s of designs for your next project.
Explore all the finishes Merino Laminates is available in.
Explore the colorful world of Merino with our color bar.
Get Inspired for your next project with Merino.
Merino Laminates, August 21, 2023
The topic of whether matte or gloss works better is one that nags everyone, regardless of remodelling or renovating your home. Here’s a brief overview of the advantages of matte and glossy finishes so you can choose the option that is ideal for you.
If you want to make the decision between matte finish and glossy finish interiors then you’re at the right place. There’s a wide collection of matte and high gloss finish panels available in the market to enhance the appearance of your area. These panels help bring out the colour of the furniture and the general design to the next level but sometimes it’s difficult and complex to make the appropriate choice. So, let us summarise it for you.
What Are High Gloss Laminates?
High gloss laminates are sleek, shiny laminates with the smoothest surfaces. They enhance the aesthetics of your interiors, giving them a premium look. The best feature of high laminates is they are simple to clean and maintain.
Merino Laminates range of high gloss surfaces includes Merino Gloss Meister Panels, the high-gloss PU+ coated panels constructed with pre-laminated melamine-based MDF and particle boards. They are made with Meister super gloss technology to make amazing high gloss products and have a PU+ (gloss) coating and a melamine surface which makes them scratch-resistant, flexible, and durable.
When to Use Gloss Meister Panels:
In parts of the house where there isn’t much natural light coming in, think about selecting a glossy finish. In addition, they reflect light well, which enlarges the appearance of the space.
– If you want to use darker tones for your space, consider giving it a glossy finish without having it look depressing.
– A glossy finish may particularly enhance brilliant, deep colours that stand out and give the appearance of your room a more clean, and fresh feel if you also enjoy those kinds of colours. Just be careful not to use a colour so bright that it overpowers the entire look.
– The glass-like surface with glossy finish makes it simple to clean. It is exceedingly difficult to shatter or dent, and it would hardly get stained.
– If you want a contemporary, sleek, and high-maintenance appearance, glossy finish can be the one for you.
What Are Matte Finish Laminates?
Matte finish laminates are with sober surfaces, and as their name implies, they are not as shiny as gloss finish laminates and appear smoother in appearance. Matte laminate surfaces are anti-fingerprint, therefore, retain no fingerprints, and are also scratch-resistant.
Matte Meister Panels – The Super Matte Panels from Merino that come with PU+ coating on MDF with a melamine base make up. The Matte Meister Panel series is comprised of an anti-fingerprint surface with a smooth satin finish and was designed using sophisticated technology. It is sanitary, anti-bacterial, and scratch-resistant.
When to Use Matte Meister Panels:
– Matte can be your holy grail if you’re obsessed with low lighting and don’t like your room to be overly bright. Matte surfaces absorb and soften light rather than reflecting it, which makes your room incredibly comfortable to be in.
– Matte coatings are quite forgiving. Bumps, scrapes, and scratches are hardly noticeable. Therefore, choosing a matte finish for your bedrooms can be a wise decision if you have a pet or a child to watch out for.
– As they diffuse light-hitting surfaces, matte finishes give interiors a rich appearance. Since there is no light reflection, the colour seems smoother because of greater colour constancy.
– The best thing about choosing a matte finish is that you don’t have to choose a specific aesthetic for your home; you can always mix and match, add modern or antique pieces, and conduct a mini-redo if you become tired of the way the space feels.
The benefits of both matte and glossy finishes are that they can be combined and utilized in the same place! You can combine glossy cabinets on top with a matte finish on the bottom of your kitchen drawers.
Now that you are aware of the differences between matte and glossy finishes and when to use them, you can make an informed decision. Check out Merino’s range and get your pick today!
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Please fill in the details.
Forgot your password?
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive mail with link to set new password.
Back to login
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.